We went to see our wonderful Nephrologist (kidney specialist) yesterday. According to the charts, Jaydon is growing! He has gained at least 2 pounds and just over an inch in height. This is excellent news as we’ve been discussing the possibility of using growth hormones. Apparently, the switch in medications this summer was the perfect thing. I’m so glad doctors can work together to come up with a solution.
Jaydon’s labs look okay. Everything is stabilized and is holding steady. They don’t look good, but they’re not horrific either. He looks really healthy and seems to be doing well. We are still in the watch and wait category, but we’re doing good so far.
All in all, it was a fairly good day with an incident that resulted in mom getting a new pair of pants (I'm not posting that event here, it is much too embarassing). This isn’t much of an update, but no news is good new sometimes…
I’ve gotten asked this question several times over the past couple of days so I’ll answer it here.
Question… Why don’t you just do the transplant now if he’s gonna need it in the future?
Answer… It’s complicated. He’s technically not bad enough yet. He has enough kidney function at the moment to maintain quality of life. He sleeps a lot, but he’s doing good still. Because puberty is so hard on internal organs, we’d like to get him through that milestone before we jump into that frying pan.
Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.