Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Flash Fiction - Breaking Down the Door

Flash Fiction: A piece of fiction that is extremely brief, typically only a few hundred words or fewer
The Challenge: Write a piece in 100 words or less using the prompt…
The Prompt: I finally kicked down the noisy neighbors’ door

“Tell us again, Ethyl. What happened?”
She shifted, dust curled about her feet. “Well, it was a night like this one. The clouds blocked the light from the moon.” She paused to take another bite. “A ruckus came from next door. All sorts of banging and clanging and cussing.”
“And then what happened Auntie Ethyl?”
“I hopped the fence to see if I could help at all.”
“And then?”
“And it got even worse. I thought for sure someone would die.”
“What did you do?”
“Well, I finally kicked down the noisy neighbors’ barn door. They got a new bull.”

1 comment: