Wednesday, July 1, 2020

One Year Anniversaries!

It’s been a year since our Transplant Surgeries! I can’t believe it’s been that long! It’s crazy how time can both drag by and zoom along.

Covid has thrown a curve ball for us this year. Because Jaydon’s white blood cell count was so low, he had to have several infusions done to bring them back up. They’re finally back where we want them. But, because of the issues he’s had, he’s been unable to work since February/March. I’ve continued working, taking as many precautions as I can so I don’t bring the creeping crud home to my family.

Jaydon had his one-year-anniversary appointment. Overall, he’s doing well. He’s got tons of energy and wants to do all the things. His new kidney is working quite well. We’re really excited about it. He loves being outside IF he’s given a task he enjoys. Otherwise, he just wants to sit in his room.

I had my anniversary appointment as well. At first, I was quite disappointed with my lab results. My creatnine was flagged as high at 1.3. Prior to transplant, it was .96. But as I was talking to the doctor, they told me they expected a 30% rise in the creatnine levels so I’m right on target. I’ll be doing a few things to make sure my kidney is working correctly. On the whole, I’m doing well. I can tell when I’ve done too much.

I don’t feel any different now than I did a year ago. The only difference is that I can’t take Ibuprofen for headaches or body aches etc. Instead, I’ve found that dark chocolate is a wonderful substitute. The kids have been very helpful in keeping my supply fresh. They’ll eat some and then tell me I need more chocolate. Helpful, right?

Being able to watch and see how much Jaydon has changed over the past year has been wonderful. The transformation has been great to watch. There have been challenges, but they’ve been overwhelmingly minimal.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Step I have read your stories on Wattpad and I must say you have a beautiful soul and God we will kind on you and your family .Just like to said in Saving Grace take things one day at a time .keep being strong beacause you have a lot of things to fight for and as a fellow human I pray for you and your family so that they can be safe and healthy throughout every ordeal in life.Take care ☺️

    ReplyDelete