Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Writing Wednesday - Flash Fiction

Flash Fiction: A piece of fiction that is extremely brief, typically only a few hundred words or fewer
The Challenge: Write a piece in 100 words or less using the prompt…
The Prompt: I’m really not surprised that you murdered him.

The bacon and lettuce crunched between my teeth. I glanced up, expecting her to continue.
“It’s not like I meant to do it…”
I nodded while I chewed. “Mmm-hmmm.”
“Dad is gonna kill me.”
“Probably.” I looked at my sandwich, intent on licking the mayo that dripped onto my hand.
“You’re no help!”
I cleared my throat. “I’m really not surprised that you murdered him. After the hours we’ve had to slave away in that dreadful place. I mean… It was Dad’s prize begonia after all. Who names a stupid plant?”
“Right? Give me a bite. That looks delicious.”

2 comments:

  1. So funny! Were you eating a bacon and lettuce sandwich when you wrote this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No... I'm not overly fond of rabbit food. I just wanted something crunchy for her to eat. I was eating cauliflower & ranch dip ;)

      Delete