Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Writing Wednesday - Flash Fiction

Flash Fiction: A piece of fiction that is extremely brief, typically only a few hundred words or fewer
The Challenge: Write a piece in 100 words or less using the prompt…
The Prompt: I’m really not surprised that you murdered him.

The bacon and lettuce crunched between my teeth. I glanced up, expecting her to continue.
“It’s not like I meant to do it…”
I nodded while I chewed. “Mmm-hmmm.”
“Dad is gonna kill me.”
“Probably.” I looked at my sandwich, intent on licking the mayo that dripped onto my hand.
“You’re no help!”
I cleared my throat. “I’m really not surprised that you murdered him. After the hours we’ve had to slave away in that dreadful place. I mean… It was Dad’s prize begonia after all. Who names a stupid plant?”
“Right? Give me a bite. That looks delicious.”

3 comments:

  1. So funny! Were you eating a bacon and lettuce sandwich when you wrote this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No... I'm not overly fond of rabbit food. I just wanted something crunchy for her to eat. I was eating cauliflower & ranch dip ;)

      Delete
  2. Learn a little bit about any new foods that you haven't cooked with before. You might be surprised how much you can do with that your research leads to many great new ways to use the food.
    play bazaar

    play bazaar
    play bazaar
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete